A valid credit/debit card on file is required and will be charged for self-pay fees, amounts insurance tells us are your responsibility after claims processing, and in case of late cancel or no show. You may also keep a HSA/FSA card on file for eligible transactions. Any refunds issued will be less the card processing fees we have incurred. If your insurance does not cover your visit(s) for any reason, you are responsible for the full amount billed.
Insurance Benefit Verification
Since payment for services is ultimately your responsibility, we recommend calling the number on the back of your insurance card and asking them the questions below. You may optionally copy/paste the questions with your answers into the form below to send it to us.
- Does my plan cover nutrition counseling, procedure codes 97802 and 97803?
- Is nutrition counseling covered as a preventive benefit?
If so, are there certain criteria that must be met to qualify (e.g. “obesity” or cardiovascular risk factors)?
Are preventive services covered in full/ 100% by insurance?
- Is nutrition counseling covered as a medical benefit?
If so, are there any excluded diagnoses?
Do I have a deductible to meet before insurance will pay?
Will I have a copay/ coinsurance?
- Do I need a referral or prior-authorization?
Note that regardless of what a rep tells you, we require a referral for all Aetna, Medicare, and Medicare Advantage plans.
- Is nutrition counseling covered when provided via telehealth?
- How many visits are allowed?
- Is the provider I’m seeing at YourFide Dietitian in-network? Our NPI numbers are listed below if they ask.
Mercy Aremu -1093199622
- Write down the date and reference number for your call.
- Schedule in-office appointment or telehealth appointment
- complete the Patient Registration forms prior to your visit via secure patient portal