YourFide Dietitian, has the clinical and experience-based expertise in assisting cancer patients and their families in developing a plan for good nutrition. Proper nutrition has been demonstrated to help people with cancer address deﬁcits in diet caused by side effects, help reduce the risk for malnutrition, and improve immunity and overall health. Proper nutrition is essential for living well during and after cancer treatment.
The nutrition staff understands that food can become an ally in the fight against cancer. By helping patients understand the latest scientific research about nutrition and giving personalized written guidelines, our dietitians work to:
- Prevent or correct nutritional deficiencies
- Minimize the side effects of treatment
- Enhance quality of life during treatment
- Improve ability to tolerate treatment
- Help achieve and maintain optimal body weight
- Educate and recommend immunity-boosting herbs and supplements
- Incorporate healthy nutrition habits into daily living
- Evaluate the risks and benefits of nutrition into a comprehensive plan to minimize risk of recurrence following treatment
- Educate family members about special nutrition needs
- Nutritional counseling for cancer prevention and survivorship
Nutrition counseling is not limited to what is listed and can address other conditions. Schedule your appointment to discuss your specific concern.